Friday, June 22, 2012

Review: Clinique Take the Day Off

Company description: Totally tugless, two-way makeup remover speeds the departure of hard-to-remove eye and lip makeups. Dissolves and "lifts away" long-wearing makeup, even waterproof mascara. Non-irritating, non-stinging. Ophthalmologist Tested. Appropriate for contact lens wearers. (4.2 oz for 18$)

IMO: Judging by the 3 empty bottles and a spankin' new one, you can probably assume my opinion on Take The Day Off. I think it's almost flawless. Almost perfect. Just almost. Why? Figure out!

I'll break the description into the individual promises and judge the product on those single claims.

Totally tugless: This is a promise that TtDO fulfills! I just leave a soasked cotton ball on my lid for a few seconds, and swipe it off. Whatever eye makeup I'm wearing just melts off onto the cotton ball!

Two-way makeup remover speeds the departure of hard-to-remove eye and lip makeups: Here on my hand I've used foundation, concealer, blush, bronzer, powder, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, lipstick, and gloss. You can see how well the remover cleans off my hand, and the swipe wasn't even a second long! Compared to TtDo, hand washing doesn't make a dent in makeup.
Dissolves and "life away" long-wearing makeup, even waterproof mascara: Mascara, no doubt, is a pain to get off.   To remove my mascara, I use a Q-tip soaked in TtDO and swipe it in between my lashes. To determine if the product is really off, I feel my eyelashes until it's just my lashes, no product. And it works! Soap and water can't compare to how this washes off mascara!
Non-irritating, non-stinging: This is also true. The only annoying part of this remover is the oily residue that it leaves, but it goes away easily.
Ophthamologist tested. Approprate for contact lens wearers: I wear contacts daily, and while taking off my makeup. No irritation detected!
Well none of these point cover my main gripe with the product: The packaging! The cap has one of those "childproof" caps going on, which frequently gets soaked and therefore isn't the easiest thing to open. And due to my own clumsiness, I have spilled TtDO many times. It's a pain, since the oiliness that gets makeup off so easily is also slippery.


Overall, I'll keep repurchasing this excellent remover! I've learned to deal with the packaging and, ahem, close it when not in use. A-

No comments:

Post a Comment