Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Project "Kill It"/10 Pan

Well hello Angel Faces! Long time no see!

I'm sorry I've been such a delinquent about my posting and basically abandoning the blog for school - but I promise I haven't forgotten it! I do check up on my favorite blogs nearly daily, but I just never have time for my own (writing posts is much more strenuous than reading them)!

It's 2013 and a whole new year with new beginning, and I'm kicking it off with a Project 10 Pan! (If you do not know what a P10P is, check it out here.) Now I really don't like reading up on just skincare, skincare, and more skincare (neither do I have a care for hair), so this will be very makeup and polish based. The only non-cosmetic products I have here are makeup remover and lip balm. And yes, five of them are minis/GWPs, but hey, still makeup!

The ten contestants are:

1. Clinique Chubby Stick in Mega Melon (GWP) [N/A]
2. Clinique Quad (highlight shade) (GWP) [0.02OZ/0.5g]
3. Clinique Almost Powder [0.35OZ/10g]
4. TheBalm Balms Away makeup remover [2.2OZ/64g]
5. Stila lip glaze in Lights (part of set) [0.05OZ]
6. Sephora by OPI Sample Sale (mini) [0.125OZ]
7. SOPI Bare to Be Different (mini) [0.125OZ]
8. Urban Decay Afterglow Cheek Tint in Quickie (GWP) [0.02OZ/0.75g]
9. Vaseline Lip Therapy in Cocoa Butter [0.25OZ/7g]
10. Urban Decay Primer Potion (mini size) [3.7ml/0.13OZ]

(Shouldn't the eyeshadow and blush be the same measurement throughout? Huh...)

\
The first product that I've ever "hit pan" on is this Chubby Stick in Mega Melon - which I find a bit too pink for my tastes, but beggars can't be choosers. I honestly can't remember when I got this, maybe October 2010? I'm still scraping out the product here (can you see all that's left?).

Next is Stila Lip Glaze in Lights, which is a champagne-ish color with glitter. I originally got it in a 12$ set, along with its sisters "Action" and "Camera" (one pinker and one berry-er, both with that obnoxious glitter). I'm going to try to finish those up after these 2.

This is the first eyeshadow I've ever hit pan on (although it's only 0.02 oz... shh). I've been using this every day for about five months, while it's already is so tiny, and only got this much through it! After P10P, I'm replacing it with Urban Decay Skimp from my Feminine Palette (2012 edition). You can see Skimp is more golden toned than the Clinique highlight, which I have no objection to (I'm very warm toned).

This powder was the main reason for me kickstarting the project, as I FINALLY got a powder from CCO to replace my Clinique one (the new one is by Origins). From the limited color selection I chose a very warm one that's slightly lighter than my old one, but it is winter and therefore my skin is lighter.
Here's an extremely crappy swatch (Origins on left, Clinique on right).
I got the Balms Away here, and I use it while using cleanser at night. You can see it's almost done, and after it is I'll transition back to Take the Day Off. I don't see a point in spending 20$ on something that only lasted 4~ months.
 I absolutely LOVE Sample Sale, but sadly it was LE and I didn't really discover it until it was discontinued. You can't tell from the pic, but the level of polish has reached so that I have to tip it to get any product. It covers so opaquely in just one quote and is such a classic red - I'm in love! But I already have these other three open, and I don't see a point in hunting for a dupe now with me already owning so much red. Ah well, maybe some day.
 Bare to be different is very bare, and very very sheer. It's basically a clear polish, nothing special. It's about at the same amount as Sample Sale. A True Romantic is also very sheer, so I see it as a contender as a replacement.
Quickie is very cool toned. AKA, it looks horrendous on me. I have to either use so little it's invisible, or pack on the powder afterward so I don't look like a 3 year old in her mommy's makeup. On the left is Estee Lauder Blush in (I wanna say) Radiant Kiss, which is discontinued.
 I was -very- </sarcasm> smart when buying my Naked palette, and thought that UDPP would never last long enough for me. Yeah, I'm smart. I bought the full size only after a month or two after I got the mini. I got to the point when I had to pull out the stopper so I hope it's almost at it's end so I can finally use my full size.
I have two Lip Therapies open (they are amazing). I just wanna finish one of them. I'm pretty good at using up lip balm though, so this won't be bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment