Monday, July 23, 2012

Birthday Haul 2012

I'm sorry for the crappy quality, I couldn't find the camera so I used my phone. I'll promise to try to find it soon! So my birthday was over vacation, I can qualify my free birthday gift, and I had around 90 points on my Sephora card. I didn't turn in my points cause there was nothing in the 100 point box that I wanted (no makeup, just skin care and hair stuff, eww) but I did choose out some stuff I've been stalking on the site. Oh, and I stopped by a MAC counter too. I'll be reviewing some (or all) of these some time or another, so my opinions on this post are more first impressions. Here we go!

 This is my FAVORITE nail polish of all time - SOPI Already Famous. I was over the moon when I found it, cause I thought it was Limited Edition from last Christmas! I don't have to preserve the little baby bottle anymore! This, described by Sephora.com, is a "sheer pewter with medium champagne and silver glitter." I'll definitely be raving over this soon, and I'll have to pick up a few backups!
 My next hauling item was Benefit's Tan About Town set, motivated by the fact that I don't own bronzer and I didn't have foundation at the moment (I had a formal event during vaycay too). I don't need another mascara though, but the entire set was only 12$! I like it so far, but the foundation melts too easily and the bronzer packaging is super flimsy. I might review this soon.
 Here's Sephora's birthday gift this year - a lip balm duo by Fresh. I've already sworn myself to Sweet Mint EOS, but these have a pleasant lemony scent. For 22$ I wouldn't buy a full size, but they're nice.
 I've always wanted a purple streak but didn't want to commit, so I picked up a hair extension in my favorite "Royal Violet" (by Sultra). I had to straighten it before wearing, because the packaging made for an awkward L shape. I love that this stays in and grabs onto my hair really well, put it's quite a thin strip for being so expensive. And I have a really big gripe with this - the color bleeds a LOT. When I washed some hair spray out of it, the water turned purple and the hair extension turned more pink-toned than blue-toned. And I HATE pink, which sorta pisses me off but ah well.
And here's my lone MAC item that I picked up on the way, a classic Blacktrack fluidline. My other black creme liner I bought last year so it's all dried up by now. As said earlier, I only have used each of these once, but the one time I have used it this eyeliner GLIDES on. I'll definitely be reviewing and comparing this soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment