Monday, July 30, 2012

Review: Smashbox Brazilian Bronze Eyeshadow


Smashbox describes it's eyeshadows as "Gorgeous shades of velvety-smooth, superbly blendable cashmere eye shadow." Brazilian Bronze is described as "shimmery golden brown."



I picked this up at a CCO/S (Cosmetic Company Outlet/Store, maybe a post on that later) while searching for a medium/dark brown shade to use in the crease for a school look. They didn't have one in MAC, but suggested one in Smashbox. Smashbox is Estee Lauder's "camera" themed brand, and I hadn't tried anything from it at that point. However, it was only 11$, so I was wondering "why not"? This is a beautiful golden bronze color (no dip, Sherlock) with LOTS of shimmer. I mean enough shimmer to girl a Twilight vampire a run for it's money. It reminds me of a warmer, glittery-er Urban Decay Smog. The texture isn't as buttery as a UD shadow though, it's drier and stiffer.



I CANNOT find this shadow online! Apparently it was part of Smashbox's "perfectly polished lids" set, but not to be found as a single! So I'm sorry to anyone who is out looking for it at the moment. As said before, look at Urban Decay Smog as a less glittery dupe. I'm giving this a B, for the texture and glitter fallout.



No comments:

Post a Comment