Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Review: Covergirl Smoky Shadowblast

The two different, specially contoured ends of our SmokyShadowBlast stick make it easy to create a bold, colorful, smoky eye. A duo of expertly paired shades provide the bold, spotlight-ready looks loved by today's hottest makeup artists. I have it in the color "Onyx Smoke."


IMO: If you're looking for a really pretty frosty white, this may be your chance. If not, I suggest you skip this. I'd say this is a C.
The two different, specially contoured ends of our SmokyShadowBlast stick - predictably, the ends wear down, expecially the "step 2" pointier end made for lining and the crease. However these sticks are soft... too soft!
make it easy to create a bold, colorful, smoky eye. - I dunno what you think a smokey eye is, but to me it's a gradient of multiple eyeshadows from darkest to lightest, starting at the lash line. And I don't think the typical "lid shade, crease shade" is really a smokey eye, especially with the lighter color on the lid. From numerous other reviews, I've heard this creases like crazy. I haven't testing this for longevity, but I have dry lids and not much creases on me.


A duo of expertly paired shades provide the bold, spotlight-ready looks loved by today's hottest makeup artists. - I mean the look at the top picture. I didn't use any brushes, as the packaging claims to just use the tips. This fades SO quickly when I try to blend with my finger, as you can barely see the crease shade. The blending is gross :P.
(Picture courtesy of Temptalia)


Hi red camera! We missed you!
How I came across this product: I was just looking for the Covergirl Lashblast Fusion at Walmart, and there was a deal combining CG Lashblast Fusion (~$8 by itself) and CG Smoky Shadowblast (~$7 by itself) for $10. So, well, why not? The black is useful to separate swatches.

No comments:

Post a Comment