Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Homecoming Series Kick-off: 2nd place in the Navy (affordable)

You wanna know a secret? I don't plan these tutorials. The only ones I've planned are the middle school ones and one of my upcoming ones. Here I'm starting my Homecoming series. I've always loved dark, sultry eye makeup, but I don't have many occasions to showcase it myself. Here we're going for a Silver (get it? 2nd place?) smokey eyes with Navy accents, which is wearable on really any dress (tip - silver works with every dress color! Although if you're gonig for a stunning silver dress, I'd try a brown or black smokey eye unless you wanna look matchy-matchy)
 Here we're using Covergirl lashblast fusion mascara, my highly abused Wet n Wild Blue Had me at Hello palette, Wet n Wild creme eyeliner in black, NYX eyeshadow base in white, and Maybelline Expertwear eyeliner in slate gray.
 Apply the eyeshadow base and blend out to cover from lashline to browbone.
In the Blue had me at Hello palette, sweep your flat shader brush on the silver 2nd shade in the left column ("eyelid").
Apply it on the inner half of the lid.
On the right column, 3rd shadow down, swipe your flat shader brush in the navy "crease" shade.
Apply it on the outer half of the lid. Ugh, it looks really bad here.
Swipe your pencil brush into the same silver shade.
Blend the harsh line between the two with your pencil brush.
See? Much better.
Now sweep your pencil brush in the "definer" shade in the bottom right, a glittery black.
Apply it in the outer v, demonstrated nyah.
Now use your fluffy brush in the same shade.
And blend, blend, blend it into the crease to get this effect.
Now use your pencil brush (yes, again) into the navy shade from earlier
And apply it on the outer lash line.
Finally, use your fluffy brush on the "browbone" shade on the top right.
Of course, sweep it right under the browbone.
Sweep your gel eyeliner on the top lashline, and use the grey eyeliner on the lower waterline.
Curl your lashes, add mascara, and TA-DA!

No comments:

Post a Comment