Friday, August 10, 2012

Tutorial: 8th grade makeup




To round off my middle school makeup tutorials, I have my 8th grade makeup tutorial! I realized this look is really, really plain, but meh. You can make your own looks with Champagne and Caviar however you like.

Clockwise from the eyeshadow: NYX 10 Color Eyeshadow palette in Champagne and Caviar, Hard Candy Glamoflauge concealer, Ecotools angled liner brush, MAC 217 (use any fluffy brush you want), Tweezerman Classic Lash Curler, Covergirl Lashblast Fusion, and MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack (really, use any gel liner you want. I grabbed this one first).
 Mah bare eye.
 If you have primer use it here, but as a primer in this tutorial we're using concealer. (Don't know what a primer is? Click here)
 And blend out whatever your primer is.
 Now we're gonna add our highlight shade - this matte white in the bottom left of the palette.
 Sweep a sheer layer right under your browbone.
 When people see your eye, they're not supposed to immediately notice the eyeshadow.
 Take any lid shade you want onto your fluffy brush. For whatever reason, I chose the blandest color, and almost-matte almost-my-skin-tone in the top middle.
 Sweep right across the eyelid
 You can really see it here.
 Now we're going to put a color in our crease - my favorite color in the palette actually, on the top row in the far right.
 Blend it right into your crease (where your eye socket ends and the browbone begins)
 Very subtle, and classy. You can switch up all the colors however your like.
 I used a minimal of eyeliner and mascara in the final pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment